Monday, May 29, 2006

Red Bull MIG-17 at AOH

Laura, Kaden and I were at Lima Allen Co Airport (AOH) today to meet up with Dave G and his RV-6 so Laura could get a "test ride" before I started looking at RV-4's. When I showed up, I saw a red fighter jet. SWEET! Upon closer inspection, I found out it's the Red Bull MIG 17F that is flown in air shows around the country. They were on their way back from NY to Cali and stopped in Lima to fuel up and check out another airplane to buy as their support plane.

The owner let me take as many photos as I wanted and he did an after burner take off for us on the way out. Pretty awesome as I was about 100' from the runway when he went by. WOW!

Here are a few of the photos I took.





No comments: