Since my birthday is tomorrow, my present was to get to do a big day of flying. I started this morning out by picking up Laura's brother and his son for a breakfast flight to Mansfield (MFD). We loaded up the Arrow for an uneventful flight to the Flying Turtle. We were the first ones there, but by the time we left, there were nine planes on the ramp with more incoming. Busy!
We made it back to Bluffton to high winds, but landed safely. I pushed the airplane back in, dropped them off and got Laura to the airport. We loaded up and launched for a late lunch in Muncie, IN (MIE). Vince's Restaurant is fantastic and I can't wait to go back. The food is awesome and the view from the restaurant over the ramp is great. We poked around some new airplanes sitting out there (Archer 6XT, some LSA and a TBM-850 - YUMMMM) and headed back to Bluffton. Since we were going about 100knots GS on the way to MIE, we were coming back at a solid 190 knots GS at 5500'. I beat the wind gods today!
Anyway, you can check out all the photos by clicking here.
That 201 knots GS on the GPS is while we were descending into Bluffton. We were getting about 190 knots GS solid at 5500'. Sweet! That's 230mph for the normal people.
No comments:
Post a Comment