Well, it came and went. I did my first longer run and it was great. To keep it short, I was a little nervous going in thinking I wasn't prepared. Well, I'd say I was about 85% prepared. The "Hal Higdon" training sheet I used only got me up to 10 miles of running at a time and I think it needs to go to race length. Ugh. Thirteen miles seems more than three miles longer than ten. Oh well.
During the race, I tried to keep a good pace and was able to keep them all within about a minute of each other. However, I wish I'd kept them all closer to 9:45/mile for a bit better of a finish. Either way, I did the first eleven or so miles without problem and then the last two (slightly uphill - north on High St) had me huffing for the end. I was trying to make up a little time, but I lost my breathing rhythm.
Well, now I need to decide on the next race - another half or a full?
Here are a few stats and photos from the race.
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes 46 seconds
Mile 1: 9.44
Mile 2: 9.20
Mile 3: 9.31
Mile 4: 9.55
Mile 5: 9.38
Mile 6: 9.38
Mile 7: 9.55
Mile 8: 10.04
Mile 9: 10.04
Mile 10: 10.35
Mile 11: 10.32
Mile 12-13.1: 22.29 (I didn't see the mile marker sight to split it)
No comments:
Post a Comment