Wednesday, December 19, 2007

1.5 Miles - 11 Minutes 28 Seconds (Av - 7.8mph)

Today I hit the YMCA for the third day in a row and didn't realize until I got there that I forgot my running shoes. Doh! I actually had my old running shoes (about four generations old) and they are really worn out. (They actually squeak when I walk and I still wear them as daily shoes.) With that being the situation, I decided that instead of a 5 mile run, I would see if I could push out a 1.5 mile run in 12 minutes (7.5mph average).

Well, I got about five minutes into it and felt very good, even after a lifting workout beforehand. So I started upping the speed by .1mph every minute and was at 8mph at the 9 minute mark. With about .25mile left, I punched it up to 9mph and then up to 10.1mph with about .03mile left.

This is, by far, the fastest I've ever ran anything longer than 400m. My heart rate, by the machine could finally read it, was up to 188bpm. I'm glad it didn't explode.

No comments: