Sunday, March 23, 2008

New Shoes and Half Marathon

The warm weather is coming up (I hope) and marks the time for a new pair of running shoes. My white and orange pair is becoming quite uncomfortable as my feet start to hurt before my legs. That usually means they've lost their usefulness. (My socking starting to come out the side is a good indicator too.)

I got on www.adidas.com and ordered yet another pair of the Supernova Cushion line. They are up to 7 while my current pair is the 6. I've heard so much good about them and they get quite a few awards every year from the big running rags. Also, I had a ton of good luck with them this past year. They carried me through 13.1 miles in Columbus so that's saying something.

I also signed up for the Cleveland Half Marathon on May 18th. It's 55 days away and I haven't started to train. I've been running all winter indoors, but I need to get some mileage built up and start working it outdoors more. Fun. (As I type this, I question why I do it.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a better year of running and biking with more races throughout the year. Yay for self-inflicted pain!

1 comment:

wrenproject said...

You do it because you talked me into and I have been bugging you to sign up ever since I did...hehe. Unfortunately I think Candy will beat all of us...lol.