
I was up at 5am and out the door by 0520 to be at the "press" parking lot at 0630. I purchased the "photo pit" pass this year which entitles you to a tour of the the aircraft for two hours before the the doors open at 9am. It was pretty neat to see all the aircraft in the early morning light with no one around them.
After a couple hours, I headed to the photo pit on the front line just NE of the pavilion seating and staked out my place by the fence. Other than chatting it up with the Youngstown guys (CK, mostly), I spent the whole day at the photo pit taking, well, photos.
By 4pm I had taken 475 photos and the rain had just started. We saw a whole slew of aircraft from small, custom built acro machines to the biggest US aircraft around (C-5 Galaxy). It was a great show with the F-22 being the main attraction, but it felt like the "finisher" was missing with not having one of the "big acts", i.e. Blue Angles, Thunderbirds, etc.
Either way, it was a fun time and I really enjoyed the photo pit passes and hope they continue it for next year!
Check out all the photos by CLICKING HERE.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Dayton Air Show 2008 - Day Two
Posted by
Brandon
at
18:41
Subject(s) flying, photography
No comments:
Post a Comment