We all loaded up the plane around 10am today and blasted off to the NE towards Cleveland. I decided not to file IFR since I've heard they vector you way over the water to keep you out of the Class B airspace. Fair enough, but I don't feel like being THAT far away from land when I can just fly under their airspace with terra firma underneath. The flight over had some scattered clouds above us and was a bit on the bumpy side. Either way, we made it to BKL and got a great view of the shore and the downtown skyline.
I was going to meet up with some SP.com folks and was finally able to meet many people I've talked to for years via the web. They were all as nice as could be. You tend to find that with the pilot sector anyhow. Also, Dave G was there in his RV-6 and I was able to park right next to him.
We all chatted on the tarmac for awhile and then made our way over to the science museum for some food and then parted ways. Laura, Kaden and I sat with Jamie and Tom from CT. They took a LONG flight to get here! It was good to meet them. Here are the members that showed up: me, Scott, Jim, Barry, Jeff, Jerry, Karl, Jamie and Tom. (I don't think I missed anyone.)
After walking through the museum a little, watching some MotoX from the hill by the R&R HoF, we strolled back to the plane and made our way back to Bluffton. I never saw another plane on the way home and it stayed beautiful. It was a bit bumpy, but you'll have that in July. What a great trip!


Check out all the photos by CLICKING HERE.
Landing at Burke Lakefront Airport (BKL).
Landing in Bluffton after our flight home.
1 comment:
Beautiful picture of the city!
Post a Comment