Today I "competed" in my first 5K - the Freedom 5K. I have been running steadily now since October of 2006, so the time has come. The race started at 9am and I was there around 8am full of coffee, granola bar and some water and ready to run. I met up with Jason and Jessica, John and Casey, Dave and Jody and some others.
A little before 9am, we all lined up, they gave the final instructions and the gun was shot. Go! We started on Cole St. where Faurot Park ends, turned right on Market St., right on Main St. and then right onto the river walk path. That takes you back to Faurot Park where the finish line was.
My time - 26:03
Twenty-six minutes isn't too bad for a first-timer, I'm told. I would have liked to do a little better, but I'm still carrying around some extra poundage.
Also, I passed the 300 mile mark for 2007. My goal is 500 by the end of the year, but it'll be well over that. There are some more 5K's this year along with a triathlon that I'd like to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment