Friday, May 23, 2008

Air Force Marathon [20 Sep]

It's been a little less than a week since the Cleveland Half Marathon and I'm ready to start the 18 week training plan for the full marathon in Dayton, OH. I just signed myself up for the full 26.2 mile run of the USAF Marathon.

For training, I'll be using the Hal Higdon "Novice 2" schedule which gets you running up to 20 miles at one time before the big day. I may revisit this in a week or two and move up to another schedule that does more mileage. Last time I used the novice was for the Columbus Half Marathon last October which only took me to 10 miles for a 13.1 mile race and I didn't feel nearly as prepared.

Anyway, wish me luck and I'm looking forward to doing this one! The route starts at the USAF Museum and then around the grounds there, around the area and then through the current Wright-Patterson AFB and then back to the museum for the finish. Very cool surroundings.

No comments: