Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Last Club Arrow Flight - Erie, PA for Breakfast

I'm quitting the flying club for money saving reasons and to try some new and different things. I'll still be flying, but it won't be in a Piper product anymore. I had some pre-pay money still on account that I needed to use up and was able to schedule a breakfast visit with a buddy. Conveniently Greg M is going to school in Erie, PA which is the perfect distance away to "burn up" the remainder of my money.


I woke up at 6am and was out the door by 6:30. I took off around 7:15 and was in Erie, PA by 8:45. What a time machine! The weather was beautiful and I cruised over at 7,000' with only a small head wind. I popped in and out of a few puffies in PA (to log the elusive IMC) and landed at ERI where Greg was there to head out for some Panera breakfast treats. After the nickel tour of Erie, he dropped me back off at the airport to go study.


The flight home was a little bumpy down at 4000, but I had a great tailwind pushing me to 145-150 knots. Sweet. I was rerouted from the DJB VOR to the SKY VOR which put me over the water more than I wanted, but I was never more than 8 miles or so from land.

It was a great 3.2 in the Arrow and I'll miss that airplane. As I was shutting the hangar doors, I felt a little sad to know it was my last flight in it. Maybe sometime in the future. I was home before 1pm.

Check out all the photos by CLICKING HERE.

Flight Aware track going to Erie, PA
Flight Aware track coming back from Erie, PA

No comments: