Here are a few more HRM graphs from the past week. The first one is from the Freedom 5K I ran on July 4th. I tried to keep my HR up throughout and then really hit it in the last bit. I did OK on it, but I'm still slow.
This next one is from my impromptu 14 mile run the day after the 5K (Saturday). Unfortunately I didn't really take into account the fact that this is more than a half marathon and I just plain didn't prepare (decided to do it about three hours beforehand after not eating much that day) and didn't take enough water/gel. I exploded after about 10.5 miles and ended up walking a few times which equaled about 1.5 miles. Oh, well. It was a great learning experience, for sure. I was able to keep my HR very steady for the first half to 2/3's.
Finally, this last one is from an interval bike ride I did today. I read about it in Men's Health and how doing two minutes at a hard pace and then one at an easy for awhile will yield better results than just going out and "riding". It was difficult and I felt I did an OK job at keeping to the pattern. My legs are waaaay weak (I didn't have enough leg power to get my HR where I wanted it - low 170's) and I need to start biking more -- especially before the duathlon in a couple weeks. Either way, the peaks and valleys really show my heart working. Sweet.
2 comments:
Nice steady cardio drift in the first one. Second one, apparently you were being chased by a chinchilla right near the end... it happens. Third one is a set of very well executed intervals. Good stuff!
Thanks for the comment, Joe! The second one shows what your HR looks like when you can't run anymore and need to do the walk/run thing just to get home. :)
Post a Comment