So I haven't flown in almost two months and I was getting the itch. I made sure the Cheetah was available (Thanks again, Bob!!) and headed up to Bluffton with just my headset, sectional map and camera. As I was taxiing to the runway, I remembered why I like flying so much.
I took off to the NE and turned NW towards Ottawa. I pulled out my sectional and decided to do all navigation with the map and the ground. I did a touch-and-go at Bluffton and then headed south to fly over the Ohio Dusting Company airport. (My grandfather flew there in the 40's and 50's before he passed away. One day I'll land there and say "hi".)
I then followed 224 out of the Pandora where it met up with 30. I followed that to a spot between Delphos and Van Wert and decided to get some pictures of a buddy's house in Delphos. After two go's at that, I flew back to Lima and saw Kaden at my parents' house. I took some photos and then headed towards the Lima Airport.

After doing a touch-and-go and then a little loop around to get a picture of where they're extending the runway, I flew over my house a couple times and got some shots of it and the Ottawa Metro Park. I finally took some pictures of the "secret house" at the corner of SR 81 and Thayer Rd and then headed back to Bluffton to clock 1.1 on the Hobbs while burning only 6 gallons of gas. Not bad.



After landing, I popped over to check out the Air Tractor that was in town from Louisiana. They were spraying and had all their gear -- support truck, liquids truck and an RV for everyone to sleep in on-site. Very cool and wish I could have gotten a good "flying" shot of him.



No comments:
Post a Comment