I was riding home from the YMCA this morning to take Kaden to preschool when a blind guy (I can only assume) pulled out in front of me from Union onto Elm St. I started a right swerve but he was pulling out into the second lane (illegal, BTW). I tried to get around him but had to just put it down to avoid running into the back of his car.
I ended up sliding about fifty feet and ended with a little road rash on my elbow and thumb and a bruise on my hip from where my lock was in my pocket. The bike took the brunt of the accident with a broken fairing, turn signal, throttle handle, brake lever, brake pedal, scratched up body work and scratched up Yosh pipe. Right after the mishap, the bike didn't want to start or shift gears, but all seemed well once I got to the bike shop. (Apparently there is a valve to shut it off after it's on its side.)
Now it's a waiting game between insurance companies and the bike shop for estimates, payment and getting the parts in and on.
Tick-tock!
Check out all the photos by CLICKING HERE.
1 comment:
Dude, that's horrible news. Glad you're generally ok but I hate to hear that you and your bike had to go down. Hope you recover quickly and hope your insurance companies get you something even shinier in short order!
Post a Comment