Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Vegas/San Diego/Phoenix Biz Trip


I took a nine day business trip around the west that included Las Vegas for a trade show, San Diego for the weekend and then I did some training for a customer in Phoenix. It was a great trip overall, but I sure missed the family after being gone for over a week already for the cruise.

In Vegas, I stayed at the Trump Towers - Las Vegas (thanks, Hotwire.com) and their pool area was very nice. The trade show was good and I saw some new stuff that's very cool. IP CCTV cameras and software is getting better and better. We ate some good food (Firefly, Texas de Brazil and Cafe Ba Ba Reeba) and got some sun.

Friday morning I jetted over to San Diego and met up with a buddy of mine. After checking into the Hilton Gaslamp Quarter, we hung out in San Diego all weekend and I saw a lot of the city in only two days: eat and shop at Seaport Village, Balboa Park (SD Air and Space Museum), Cabrillo National Monument and the Old Point Loma Lighthouse, Padres game at Petco Park, walked around Hotel Del Coronado and watched the sunset from the 40th floor bar of the Hyatt. We had some great food around town including Phil's BBQ, In-N-Out Burger and Buster's Beach House.

On Sunday I headed to Phoenix and got in late to the Scottsdale Plaza Resort. Monday and Tuesday were the training meetings and all went very well. After we were done, it was time to hit the pool and then grabbed some food somewhere; usually at a local brewery restaurant. Very good places. I'd have to say Four Peaks was the best, but Oggi's and Rock Bottom were great too - food and drinks.

Anyway, it was a good trip, but it's good to get home and back to the kids.

Check out all the photos by CLICKING HERE.

No comments: