After over a week of not exercising due to a cold/flu/sinus issue/general blech going on for the past 10 days, I felt good enough to get back on the horse today. I strapped on my shoes and headed out towards the reservoir. As I was running up the hill, a girl was running by, already on the reservoir and going the same direction as I planned. Victory was to be mine!
Well, after over half the reservoir of a run (and her turning to do the 3.5 mile loop), I only managed to gain about 5 seconds on her and never really caught up. I'm going to blame it on weak legs, sore throat and the heat as the reason I couldn't catch up and pass her. Yeah, that's it.
Oh, well. At least I'm as fast as a girl.
2007 Running Update - 254 miles with 8:51 per mile average
No comments:
Post a Comment