Thursday, May 31, 2007

Colorado - Day One

Alarm goes off at 3:45am. Out the door before 4:30am. Airborne at 6:30am from Dayton for a direct flight into DIA. What a day. (Also, this was the first time I've ever seen anyone order pizza from Sbarro at 5am. Way to go, Laura!)


We got into Denver and got our rental car and headed into town. We ended up at Cherry Creek Shopping Center for Laura to do some dress shopping. Once they finally opened, we spent a little over 2 hours walking around. I had a good chat with Corey T. and she found a couple options.

Around noon, we headed to our hotel in Downtown Denver, The Curtis, to check-in. Cool hotel! We got a great rate, but I think it's because they've only been open for 5 months and are still building the pool/gym area and the restaurant won't be open for another 10 days. Oh well. You can't beat an average room rate of $109 for downtown in this sweet place. Big rooms, fun place.




My mom and John headed down and met us at the hotel for lunch. We walked down to the 16th Street Mall and ended up at the Rock Bottom Brewery. Wow! Fantastic food and brew choices. I had the Mac and Chicken and Laura had the Monte Cristo. Both tasted great and I'm now a fan of the MC.


After a few hour nap at the hotel, we headed off in search of some dinner. We walked west on 16th St for awhile and then south a bit to check out Larimer Square. We ended up at the old Paramount Cafe and had some chips/salsa, soup and chicken sandwich. Awesome!






After dinner, we went to see Shrek the Third and then back to the hotel for bed. Shrek 3 was OK, but I think the second was funnier. I did see some funny trailers for some up and comers.

No comments: