Friday, May 25, 2007

England Trip

Back from a week in England and I can say that it is a good place to go. Halfway through the trip, after spending three days in Birmingham, I would have told anyone who asked not to go and that everything is terrible. Well, the food was bad, Birmingham is a 3+ hour train trip from London and the taxis are very expensive.

Well, after getting to London, eating some very great food at a Pizza Express, a small Italian restaurant and Pret A Manger a few times, using the Tube and seeing all the great places to go and see, I must say that I'm a huge fan. I stayed in the West End area and there are a ton of restaurants and cafes in the area. I hit up Caffe Nero daily for breakfast. Yum!

I took the tourist bus around and was easily able to see just about everything. I saw Buckingham Palace (including the changing of the guards), Westminster Abby, Big Ben/Parliament, Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral and all the other main sites. I also walked through some of the more "local" spots including Covent Garden and the financial district area. Pretty sweet.

No comments: