
No, we aren't claiming that we saw something silver and shiny flying around the sky. However, Kaden and I did take the Arrow on 2.6 Hobbs hours of fun to Carroll County Airport (TSO) in eastern OH for an Ohio Valley RVators UFO (Ultimate Fly Out).
About sixteen pilots and passengers flew in to chat about flying and eat some of the food at the Carrollton County Airport Restaurant. They are famous for their great pie and great prices. I would have to agree with both of the sentiments.
Kaden and I took off from Bluffton and he started watching his DVD player. That kept him busy the entire trip to TSO while I monitored the engine and the autopilot. We had a great tailwind, so I throttled it back to 22"/2400RPM at 5500' MSL. We were still hitting 140 knots GS. Not bad for 8GPH or so.
After landing at TSO, Kaden and I watched all the airplanes come in. He played in the snow and ice and I took pictures. Nothing new there. Once everyone was gathered up, we shook hands and headed into the restaurant. We numbered 14 and before we ordered, two others showed up to bring out head count up.
My burger and onion rings were great and Kaden polished off his chicken fingers and curly fries. I figured a better try a piece of the famous pie, so I ordered that "a la mode" and then took another piece home for Laura. (Hey, I want to be able to go flying again. I've learned.)
As everyone headed out, I tried to take some more pictures until I really needed to go. Kaden and I loaded up and had a quick departure and tooled along at 24/24 towards the Allen County Airport for fuel and then back up to Bluffton. Kaden started watching his movie and then turned to me and said, "I want to sleep." He did...the entire way home.
Check out all the photos by CLICKING HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment