Friday, February 13, 2009

Monster Jam - Cleveland


Kaden and I drove to Cleveland this afternoon to check out a 730p show of Monster Jam at the Q Arena. We left a bit early and parked in the parking garage next to the arena for the rate of $10. Let the money flow commence!

We headed to the arena to pick our tickets up from Will Call. I refuse to pay TicketMaster $2.50 per ticket just for the right to PRINT MY OWN TICKETS ON MY OWN PRINTER WITH MY OWN INK. Ridiculous. I hate TM.

Anyway, we walked north a bit to the little "walk only" portion of 4th St with restaurants, clubs, etc. It would make a nice evening in Cleveland. We settled on eating at Flannery's Pub on the corner of 4th and Prospect. Kaden enjoyed his usual chicken and fries while I opted for the pub-like fish and chips. We topped it with fresh cookies and a big glass of milk. Apparently I forgot to tell Kaden to not dunk his entire hand in the milk. (Now when was the last time he washed them? Oh, well.)

After food and drink, we headed to the arena for the Monster Jam. Upon walking, the first thing you pass is the sourvenir stand. Luckily for me, Kaden wanted the cheapest thing they sold - the Jolly Roger flag that Grave Digger displays on his truck. Done. Another dollar for another set of ear plugs and we're in.

After a couple hours of noise, burned fuel fumes and one tired boy, we left a bit early. Kaden was ready to go and we had a 2+45 hour drive home. We headed back home with a mandatory stop at Starbucks for some "go juice". Kaden got changed to PJ's there and slept about the whole way home. We got home around 1215am.

Good times. Kaden loved it.

Check out all the photos by CLICKING HERE.

No comments: