The morning started at Starbucks at 11am. Rob and I grabbed a coffee and pastry there and chowed down before parting ways for our respective itineraries. I was off to the ASIS security trade show at the Las Vegas Convention Center. I opted to take the $5 Las Vegas Monorail ride as opposed to a $15-20 cab ride since it was cheaper and ended up being quite fast. They did a great job with it. I met up with Jason S and Dan M from work and we walked around a bit, chatted it up with folks and then grabbed some lunch.
I headed back to the hotel around 3pm and did some reading and e-mails while Rob continued to wander around The Strip, doing the self-guided casino walking tour. I've been there too many times and wasn't interested. I ended up going to the MGM Grand swimming pool complex for a solid hour. I read most of the time and did a little swimming. It was 80F and sunny out, so it was just perfect for a little baking in the sun with a book.
He got back around 6pm and we headed out to search for bodily nutrition. We walked through the New York New York, but all the middle-of-the-road restaurants (not cheap, but not too much) were closed for private functions. Ah well. We headed out to the strip and over to La Salsa Cantina - a stand alone Mexican restaurant only 100 yards down from the MGM Grand. I had some fish tacos and a yard of beverage (whatever a "yard" is in liquid measurements). They had some guys playing the guitar there, table to table, and Rob jumped in and jammed with one of them. It was pretty impressive, although I think they were more impressed - especially when Rob taught them a song he wrote.
We came back after eating and crashed. I read a little more while Rob texted on his phone. I think the desert is making me tired. (Yeah, that's it. I'm not getting older.)
No comments:
Post a Comment