Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lunch and Golf in Toledo

I headed up Toledo today to meet Corey T, my sister and Corey's wife, Kelly, for lunch. I had some things I wanted to talk to Corey about, so why not do it over a sandwich? We all met up at his office in downtown and got a tour of the new digs. Nice! After deciding on eating at Diva Restaurant, we all four walked over there to find they aren't open for lunch. Oops. The food looked fantastic.

After a quick location check by the locals (Corey and Kelly), they decided the best choice would be Focaccia's Deli just a bit down the street from Corey's office. Wow. The food was awesome. I ended up taking the recommended plate of Reuben and waffle fries. Greasy and good. After eating, Whitney and Kelly went their ways and Corey and I went back to his office to find a golf course that was open for public play. He found Detwiler Golf Course having a special of 9 holes and cart for $15 each. Done. After a surprisingly good round for both of us, we ended up with scores of 43 and 45 (mine and his, respectively) for the back 9. Sweeeeeeeeet.

No comments: