After being up for exactly 24 hours, I slept a solid 8 hours on a floor mattress and felt ready to take on the smog another day! I decided to get my running in early so I didn't have to think about it the rest of the day. I laced up and hit Google Maps to find my route. With some "help" from Rob and five revisions later, I settled on heading south to run up the "hilly" road called Beverly Glen Blvd. My goal was to do 8 total miles, but I only ended up doing 6.4 since the "hilly road" ended up being a 900' altitude gain in about a 2 mile stretch. Ugh.
After a shower and shave, we hung around the apartment for some laundry to finish and then headed off to Taste of India on Ventura Blvd about a block or two east of his place. They have a Sunday champagne brunch buffet for $10 and is FANTASTIC. This is another culinary first and I'm happy to announce that I'm ready for another Indian restaurant visit. We had rice, curry chicken, and a load of other food I can't remember right now.
After lunch, we headed to the apartment to let the food settle. Rob napped for awhile and I read and surfed around the net. Around 4pm, we headed to the mall down the street to check out the Apple Store and play with the new iPod Touch, iPhones and some new iMac computers. Wow -- very sweet. I liked all three and could see myself buying a Mac next. We grabbed a burger at The Habit. Yum.
After picking up Rob's roommate, Vassia, we all headed south towards Westwood Village in LA (where the UCLA campus is located) to meet up with Tim B for an evening at the W Hotel. Every Sunday evening, they have a movie night at the pool area with a large projector set up. Tonights film -- Flashdance. We all had some beverages and took in the movie under the stars. Pretty nice way to spend a beautiful, cool summer night in California.
In bed by 11pm.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
California/Las Vegas Trip - Day 2 (Run, Indian Food, Apple Store, The Habit, Movie Night at "The W")
Posted by
Brandon
at
17:18
Subject(s) california, travel
No comments:
Post a Comment