I was planning a flight tomorrow to Columbus with Laura when I looked around and noticed we had nothing going on today. A quick call to the club CFI and we had a 3pm date with the Arrow. I need ten hours of dual to satisfy the insurance gods (I'm sure if you asked them...nevermind), so I wanted to get a move on. Today was beautiful and cool (high 40's).
I got there early, plugged in the Tanis heater and read through the POH to get the main points and a few V-speeds (important speeds for different aspects of flight). He showed up at 3pm on the dot and we pulled the plane out and launched. We started with some manifold pressure (MP) and RPM talk and then started doing some slow flight, stalls and other maneuvers.
That went very well and we ended up north of Ottawa and headed to Lima to do a practice ILS. After nailing that, I did a hold over the AOH VOR and then headed back to the FDY VOR to do the VOR 23 approach into Bluffton for five landings. They all (that's right - ALL) were acceptable landings. A couple might actually qualify as pleasant.
We ended the lesson with 2.0 on the Hobbs and 18.6 gallons of 100LL burned. Not a bad day, if you ask me!
No comments:
Post a Comment