This morning when I walked outside for my ride, the temperature was 38F and the wind was out of the south at 10mph. Brrr! At least I was prepared after a trip to Bike Works in Sylvania a couple weeks back. I bought a few items that I was very glad to have today.
I biked a little over 20 miles which took me from home down to the river walk and then I headed north to the beginning of the trail at Schoonover Park and then turned around and headed all the way south to the trail head in Heritage Park. The trail is right at 7 miles each way. Not too bad for our town. Unfortunately, when I made it there and I was really jonesing for some Gatorade, I realized that my water bottle fell out somewhere during my ride. Dangit! Of course, there was not a water fountain to be found either.
I headed back home and stayed relatively warm. Special thanks to Joe Reger for the tip on cutting some old wool socks to keep my feet warm in the light, holey Diadora cycling shoes I bought. They worked pretty well. Here was my setup for the cold ride today.
No comments:
Post a Comment