After the evening "positioning flight" in the Arrow yesterday, the plane was just waiting for us in Lima to wisk Laura and I away to Mansfield for breakfast. Well, due to weather and timing, it ended up wisking Laura, Kaden and I to Urbana for lunch-ish. (Laura ended up with an omlette, but it was around 1130a.)
When we launched from Lima, the ceiling was around 1500AGL and we hung out around 1000AGL with plenty of room above. The visibility was calling around 5 miles and it was pretty much spot on. Plenty of visibility for a fun VFR cruise for food.
When arriving at Grimes Field (I74), there were already five airplanes parked there (a Cub, two pipers, a Beech and a tiny LSA). While we were there, we saw another Piper, a 172 and a 152 land. It was busy considering 45F and lower ceiling. I was surprised.
On the way back home, I dropped off Laura and Kaden in Lima and then launched back to Bluffton. I cruised over some local spots and then hung out at the airport for awhile to chat with Kenny. What a nice gentleman.
Either way, it was a great way to spend the beginning of our day before family time for Thanksgiving celebrations and it feels great to get back in the air! Now, where else can I fly?
No comments:
Post a Comment